Thursday, February 2, 2012

clean and fresh page

There was the idea, that writing about all the stuff that goes on in my small science world could be an interesting project and that it might help me as a non-native English speaker/writer to improve my writing skills. 
But before I opened up this first page of my fresh blog, I did some research and was amazed and delighted how many interesting blogs there already are. So I read for a few weeks what others have to say about their life at uni, their careers, their ways of work-life balance (and the discussions about the existence of it) and all the stories coming along with that. 
Then I searched for a good name for my project and again was amazed how many people had the same ideas - unfortunately often already years before me.
Now "Whooshing sound" is based on something Douglas Adams once supposedly said: "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
And as the Grant writing season just started again in Australia, I'd say this a terrific name.

No comments:

Post a Comment